EXPERIENCE THE NATURAL BEAUTY OF GHANA
Please watch YouTube Videos for a visual of last group trip
DAY 1 – Akwaabaa:
- We will meet in Accra, Ghana at the Kotoka International Airport and will transport guest to accomadations in the city.
- Later in the evening we will have a Welcome Dinner to feast and toast to a great week ahead.
DAY 2 –
- Batik Making Class: You will learn how to dye, print and make your own batik scarf to take home as a souvenir
- Attend Afrochella: Art installations, music, friends, food and photo opportunities.
DAY 3 –
- Independence Square: Celebration and national events are held here.
- Nkrumah Kwame Center: Former president who made monumental strides during his presidency. Here you will take photos and visit a mini museum.
- ATV Aburi: for a day of quad biking and refreshing waterfalls.
DAY 4 – Kumasi
- Dancing and Drumming lessons: You will learn the significance of the rhythm & beat of the drum, while learning simple dance moves.
- Cooking Class: You will learn how to prepare Jollof Rice. One of the most popular dishes in Ghana.
DAY 5 –
Naming Ceremony: During this time you will meet the Queen Mother, Chief and Elders in the Village. You will also be give your Akan name and meaning.
NYE Celebrations, lets bring in the New Year with a bang with a night of dancing and libations.
DAY 6 –
- Shopping at Kejetia Market: This is the largest center in Kumasi, shop to you drop as you will find everything you need in the market from Shea Butter, clothing, fans and much more.
- Service Project: We will volunteer at a orphanage providing essential items as well as our time (dialogue & dancing).
DAY 7 – Capecoast
Elmina & Cape Coast Castle: You will learn about how Africans were sold in slavery and the significane of the door of no return.
DAY 8 –
Kakum National Park: We will climb stairs to the forest and walk on suspended bridges. You may see a bird sightings while in the jungle.
Night out at the beach or hotel swimming pool
DAY 9 –
Departure back home to the US
GALLERY / PHOTOS
/ per person
NEED TRAVEL RELATED TIPS & INFORMATION
Get expert advice on destinations, saving money, and making the most of your travel experience.
MORE GROUP TRIPS
OTHER GROUP TRIPS
Fun travel with others, make memories, explore new places, socialize.